Sunday, February 25, 2007

Mapleshade.


I must be on some list. I keep getting the Mapleshade catalog. As catalogs go, its a very interesting one. In the front of the catalog you have music, in the middle you have your tweaks and at the end, you have vintage equipment that looks like the best of Jim McShane's garage.

I thought that I would give the music a listen. I picked up two CDs: one from the John Previti Quartet, "Swinging Lullabyes For My Rosetta" and the other, Yacca Flats, "Garden of Weeds"

What a treat. Not only was it good music, but recorded wonderfully. Listening to it with the Doge 6 was exciting. Listening with the Great March 2 on Yacca Flats really brought out out the low end.

I am going to be listening and buying more from these Mapleshade people. What treats they bring us, what tweks they teach us and what vintage they have!!

All the best,

Vic

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Discovered Mapleshade a few years ago and have maybe ten or so of their discs. That Yucca Flats CD is nice (with that vocalist, sounds to me like an acoustic Tool) as is the Tao Raspoli (?) flamenco CD. I like all that I have, and the Ra Mek Peace reggae disc jumps out of my memory as excellent (stupid bass on that one!) Plan to try some of their cables and power strips at some point.