Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Digitalis


I admit freely that some of us here are not real cable people. Opinions vary. My beef is that its just one more variant that I have to worry about. So, what drones like myself do, is pick a good set of speaker and interconnect cables and just go back to rolling tubes and tweaking.

Until I got a hold of this digital cable.

It was the most unlikely of things. This is the last piece of equipment that I wanted to bother with or have anything to do with. This is the last piece of equipment that I though would make a difference. The monster coax that I was using between my Lite CD player and the DAC62 was suiting me just fine. Then someone borrowed it. Through serendipity, I picked up the Xindak DC-01. WOW.

Images suddenly snapped into place. Air appeared where there was not before. It gave me, do I dare say it, as big of an improvement as the Amprexes I was using. Then I became addicted. I tried it on the DAC60 Modified, then the Great March 2, then the DAC AM and the DAC AH - on each, it completely changed the sonic character and made them into new DACS.

So,I am reformed. On digital cables, that is. What a difference.

All the best,

Vic

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Vic, please read this and i really like to read your comment on this. (I myself am a MHZS 33 owner)

http://www.hififever.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1573

Unknown said...

Even some studio owners/engineers who are otherwise sceptical about cables (most of them) admit that real GLASS OPTICAL cable adds some clarity to the sound (where otherwise some data packets would get lost and upsampling / dithering / error correction would take care of masking it).