Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Time Magazines "Man of the Year"


Become increasing irrelevant with accelerated colossal arrogance, Time magazine launched Ben Bernake as the “Man of the Year”. While nobody really cares, expect for their few readers, I think that they really missed the boat on this one. The one that I would like to see win did not even make their “short list”. My nominee will not rub shoulders with likes of Nancy Pelosi, the Chinese Worker or the mesianic Obama. But, my nominee is just as bold, brash and tenacious as the prices he has on deck. My nominee, just like Time, has colossal arrogance out the wa-zoo-bee. Akin to only a carnie swindler, my nominee convinces suckers in a down economy to plunk down their hard earned cash for items that cost 10 times of what they should. My nominee has also shown tremendous resilience to change as he is aided and abetted by an industry that is slowly eroding beneath him. My nominee has single handedly disinfranchised an entire generation of music lovers who, thanks to my nominee, think that IPOD is high end.

Congratulations high end audio salon owner, I nominate you for Time Magazines “Man of the Year”.

You deserve the nomination because you actually still believe that this distribution model is still “happening” and you deny the fact that most of high end audio commerce is being done over the net. Your manufacturers and their crony publications still believe in this high cost , low volume distribution model. Yet you hang on, albeit with your finger nails into the wall, but you still hang on.

Kudos to you, you “Man of the Year”, and hang in there, as long as you can.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Akin to only a carnie swindler, my nominee convinces suckers in a down economy to plunk down their hard earned cash for items that cost 1/10 of what they should.". Somebody is making money in high-end, but the dealer at best case charges twice what he pays for components. Maybe the manufacturer is the one who doing well by overcharging the dealer. Maybe the hundreds of competing audio companies have formed a cartel to bypass the free market mechanism of competition. Maybe the Internet provides a forum where a complete economic illiterate can pretend to be knowledgeable. Pick one.

Vic Trola said...

Maybe I am a dog...