Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Can't Listen to Anything Else

I just took a listen to the DOGE CD player. Now I can't listen to anything else. What to do?

I also do not know what gives this thing its magic. Apparently, if I am to understand the design, there are not any semiconductors after the conversion circuit. If this is true, then all filtering and amplifying of the signal is done through tubes.

Its true, the drawer (Phillips) is shoddy, but the rest of the thing is built like a tank. What I heard was uncanny: Images thrown to left and right of each speaker, a detailed high end and are you ready for this, a detailed low end very detailed. I am now rediscovering my disks. Truly, truly remarkable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi
do you have any idea which plant in china , that makes the doge ?

hi-end@home4.gvdnet.dk

best regards